If you are COVID positive you can call us at anytime
or for any Covid advice 24 hours a day 7 days a week you can
0800 358 5453
We understand that for many getting a positive result may be met with fear, uncertainty, and a lack of direction as to what you need to do so these tips give guidance on what to do:
1.Once you have done a Rapid Antigen Test please lodge this in your my covid record My Covid Record | Ministry of Health NZ
or call 0800 222 478 and press 3.
2. If this is positive you will get a txt message from 2328 with a link to an online form. Click on this link to fill out the form.
3. You need to isolate with your household contacts.
4. Follow the up to date public health advice for household contact testing.
5.Don't go out to get food or medical supplies, if you need something you can ask someone to drop it off and leave it outside for you to get once they have left. If you don't have anyone to do this, phone for help with welfare support.
6. Most cases of COVID-19 will be mild and can be managed at home with supportive measures. We recommend the use of the health navigator website (see below for the link)
7. The following groups are at risk for poorer outcomes:
• those who are unvaccinated
• those aged > 65 years
• Maori/ Pacific Islanders
• pregnant women
• certain comorbidities such as lung disease, cardiovascular disease, obesity, diabetes, renal failure, immunocompromising conditions
8. It's important to keep monitoring your physical condition and to seek appropriate advice from your health care teams if needed.
9. Be aware that possible deterioration is often after day five so please escalate your care needs as necessary and call us if you have any concerns.
10. If you are isolating alone, arrange for a trusted friend or family member to touch base with you by phone at the same time twice a day. This is a safety net to ensure that if you have an unexpected deterioration that you have someone who is able to alert authorities for help.
11. Symptoms can typically last 2-3 weeks, although they can run longer.
12. If you are feeling overwhelmed at any stage you can call us or text 1737 any time to speak to a trained counsellor.
St Heliers Medical is a Designated Practice
so we can assess and Perform covid 19 Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) or PCR swabs if needed
This is done in a separate area to our clinic BUT this is by appointment only so please phone for an appointment
COVID VACCINES Your best protection remains
We can provide you with your initial and booster vaccinations - please book online: